Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Fabulous Mother's Day Weekend!!

I LOVE BEING A MOM!! This weekend proved to me that nine months of morning sickness, an intense 16 hour labor with extensive reconstructive surgery following, and 6 weeks of little to no sleep and zero personal time is TOTALLY worth it to be able to eat in bed!! :)

My Mother's Day weekend started Saturday when we decided we had had enough of the inside of our house and it was time to get out into the sunshine. We started out with the intention of going to one of the many lakes surrounding our area, but on the way there we ran into our city park and decided that was good enough for us! It is a beautiful, BIG park, with a public swimming pool, creeks and ponds (with ducks!), and about 10 baseball fields. We spent the morning walking around and watching all the different baseball games going on.

That night we were talking about how we had gotten a brand new tent right after our wedding that was still in the package, and we agreed that it was a shame it hadn't been used yet. We chose to remedy the situation, and set it up in our living room! Then we played Monopoly in it, and I DESTROYED Matt, even though he had Boardwalk and Park Place (So take that, Mr. I-Think-I'm-So-Good-At-Boardgames!! Ha, Ha, Ha!!)

Mother's Day was equally as good, complete with a delicious breakfast in bed, chocolates, and cards from both Matt and Bennett. I also got my Mother's Day Flower from our ward, hand delivered by a happy little deacon. Life is so good, and I LOVE BEING A MOM!!

This is us walking by one of the smaller ponds at the Copperas Cove City Park. Matt is a pushing-the-stroller kind of guy. He loves to take walks with Bennett and tell him all about how much fun they are going to have when he gets big.

Ducks!! I am so excited, because there is nothing quite like feeding a duck!

Bennett is a happy boy whenever we are outside.

He is also very sociable, and waved to everybody we met along the way. :)
Just the three of us! (looking at myself in this picture reminds me why I am always the one behind the camera."Do your hair, Woman!")

Matt and Bennett playing Monopoly in our tent, in our living room...and did I mention I won...like, by a lot? :)

My Wonderful breakfast in bed and my chocolates and cards. I am so happy to be married to a man who can cook!


This is the cute card "Bennett" gave me, signed personally by him with his little hand print. It was a music card that played the song from Jungle Book, "Wanna Be Like You", and as you can tell, he was very excited about giving it to me. Matt gave m a very nice music card too, sweet guy. I am so lucky!

4 comments:

Jarmandashmar said...

Hays I'm so glad that I got to talk to you, even though it was really short:) Bennett is adorable and you are looking awesome for just having a baby! I'm so glad that you are doing well, being a mom is the best, I agree. Hopefully I get to talk to you tomorrow! Love you!

Heather Jones said...

It sounds like you had the BEST mother's day ever!! I love the picture of the three of you and he is sticking out his tongue, haha, he looks like a little doll. I miss you like crazy and want our little boys to meet!!

Skyler and Aubrey said...

Haley, it was good to talk with you today! My page is eppichfam.blogspot.com.

Chantell Hammond said...

K, your car seat is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! That and I've noticed that Bennett and Jack have some matching clothes. I love your cute little house, and you look AMAZING!!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!