Monday, June 8, 2009

Baseball Is Fun!

I learned something new this weekend...baseball is fun to watch! Up until Saturday I have always associated baseball with watching my brothers pick grass in the outfield. Of course this was like, seventeen years ago, and I have to admit, I have never really watched a game since then.

This week though, we had the opportunity to go to the game of our friends' little boy. He pitches for the Copperas Cove Cardinals, and he is pretty good. The fun part for me was just sitting in the stands and cheering, eating sunflower seeds, and avoiding foul balls.


Conner pitching. This was a strike out pitch, so pretty cool I got a picture of it.

My handsome hubby enjoying the game in his ever supportive Cardinals hat.

And here we have the Lake family...

Janette Lake (and Bennett)

Kevin Lake (and Bennett)

Camille Lake (and Bennett)

These guys really like Bennett. :)

And we really like them! In fact, I think Camille is going to watch Bennett for me for three hours a day, Monday through Thursday, while I go to my design class at Central Texas Collage starting June 22. I am really going to miss the little guy, but it will be during his nap time so I won't miss much. Camille is great with him too, so I'm not worried.

On the way home from the baseball game we stopped at this community garage sale thing randomly going on in the middle of town and did some second-hand shopping. I am now the proud owner of a near perfect Chutes and Ladders game, and some dang cute (and CHEAP) clothes for Bennett when he gets a little older. Yay for cheap stuff!


And the most exciting thing this week is that Bennett's hair is officially long enough to blow in the wind! (He was born pretty bald.) I don't know if you can tell, but this is the best picture of it I could get. Oh, the simple joys of life!

4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Those outfits are so cute! I love baby clothes. Little Bennett is adorable, I am excited he is getting hair too.

Heather Jones said...

Oh yeah. My little nephew Kolby hates the cardinals. He is obsessed with the Royals and knows every person on the team. His mom is pregnant and he says the baby's name is "Royal" haha! It makes me happy.

Mark & Rachel said...

Those are going to be so cute on him!!!
Mark will be happy to see the Cardinals hat :-)

Alison and Troy said...

Haley I love that you are keeping up with your blog especially since you are so far away now. I love the baby clothes!