Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Megatron vs. Elmo

Monday night is Family Night around here, and although we are not the most consistent with that whole spiritual lesson thing, we are pretty diligent about making sure we have a lot of fun together. This week Matt came home from work with two kites and a container of red and yellow water balloons. Since I am terrified of water balloons, (actually, any kind of balloon tends to throw me into a panic,) we decided to just throw those at the fence and move onto the kite flying.

Anyway, here's some pictures and a movie...yes, the movie actually works this time. :)

The kites Matt brought home were Elmo for me, and Megatron for him. This is my kite.


Flying High!
As you can see, I have no problems getting Elmo up and going. What can I say? I'm a natural. :) Matt, on the other hand...

Try...


...try...


...again!

And once Megatron finally made it up, it was a challenge to keep him there! First he tried to break his string and escape to our neighbor's house...

Luckily they were in their backyard, so they caught him before he could make it to the hills.

Then Megatron thought it would be funny to dive-bomb a couple of innocent bystanders who were out taking a walk at the wrong time...The poor girls managed to dodge out of the way just in time, but there was a lot of screaming involved, and I don't think they will be walking past our house again for awhile.

There was also a close encounter with a car, (there are NEVER cars on our street...until we try to fly kites) but I was laughing too hard to get a picture of it.

It was pretty entertaining watching Matt, more so than actually flying Elmo! In the end, we decided that Megatron just wasn't made of the same tough stuff as Elmo, and Bennett had to agree. That's why, when it was his turn to fly, he chose to use my kite. And, like me, he is a natural. :)


1 comment:

Vanessa said...

you guys are so much fun! we miss you tons!!!