Sunday, July 26, 2009

Healthy News

OK, I try not to do this very often, but this week was pretty slow for Matt and me, so I am dedicating this blog completely to Bennett. Lucky you!

Well, we can officially consider ourselves somewhat good parents. This Wednesday we finally took Bennett to the Doctor's since he left the hospital almost four months ago. I know, I know...what kind of uncaring, inhumane people are we? And trust me, I feel pretty guilty about it. Things just got a little crazy after his birth, what with moving to a new town, trying to get him in the system (SS Card, Birth Certificate, Military Registration, etc.), waiting for our insurance to pick him up, and then actually making an appointment, time sort of got away from us.

But before you call the CPA, just know that he is a completely healthy little boy. Bennett weighed in at 16 lbs. 1 oz., and measured 26 inches. Not bad. He also got a complete check-up and plenty of shots, which he totally hated but recovered from quickly. All in all he was a great patient and we are all breathing a sigh of relief that he has finally got the stamp of approval from an actual Doctor.

Ya, I know we just put a video up of Bennett last week, but this week he started making a completely new sound we couldn't pass up posting. We call it his "Ernie Laugh" because it is just a funny little gurgle in the back of his throat. He does this almost constantly, but especially if you do it back. We love this little guy.

Another fun Bennett Fact is that he went to his first ever movie in an actual movie theater! Me and Matt wanted to see the new Harry Potter movie but felt bad leaving Bennett with yet another babysitter, so we just took him with us. It was a risk, I know, taking a four-month-old to a three hour long adventure film, but Bennett was quite content to sit on our laps and watch the movie right along with us. Needless to say, we were very pleased with his couch-potato ability, but we won't be doing it again anytime soon.

Anyway, I promise that next week I will have more to post. However, I personally think this post was incredibly cute. :)

5 comments:

Cambria said...

Haley! Your baby is huge! At Jeffrey's six month check up he was 13.2 lbs. Yeah.

Jeffrey actually makes that exact same sound a lot too, but he just started doing it this last month. It's very cute to see Bennett doing it! Funny how the little cousins have something in common.

BTW, in that last post, you look super beautiful in that picture of you and Bennett sleeping together. Glad you're having such a great summer!

Roeckers said...

Ahh baby post are good! I was much like you, even with Liza in the system it took us three months to take her to her first appt. Doesn't make you a bad parent, if he isn't sick why worry!

Glad things are going well. Can't wait to meet the lil man! Sounds like he is keeping you busy and entertained!

Love ya guys!

Jarmandashmar said...

Well don't feel bad about not posting because I haven't posted in like 2 months and I think that your posts are awesome! Anyways, I talked to you this morning but I just thought that I would leave you another little reminder that I love you, glad to see that you're doing so well:)

Heather Jones said...

Haley he is such a cutie, and I am glad to hear he is healthy, and you are an amazing mom! I feel like all I do is take Lincoln to the doctor, he is sick yet again with pink eye and the flu! OH, I took Lincoln to that movie too, haha! I miss you so much!

Chantell Hammond said...

Ok, he couldn't be cuter! I won't say that he is huge, but he has passed up Jack. Jack weighed 14.8 at his 4 month check up. The race is on!!