Sunday, September 27, 2009

PORT ARANSAS

Well just got back from a little fishing trip with my little brother and a good friend of ours in our Parents Ward in San Antonio. My brother and him have gone fishing every year for the past 5 yrs and this year I was able to go with them. Haley was a great sport and I dropped her off at my Moms to do a little girls weekend with her, my mom and my brother Joe's wife Kim. They had a lot of fun doing girl stuff. Anyway so the fishing trip, lets say it was awesome. We got there Thursday afternoon and we fished till about midnight and then we hit it early Friday morning and fished till about 1100 that night and then we fished till about noon and headed home. Well thats enough from me here are a few pics and I'll try to put a movie on. Enjoy.

I caught the first fish of the trip. Not quite the whopper I was hopping for.

We started fishing on the big jetty that protects the big tankers that come in to the bay. This particular one went out in the ocean about a mile and a half. We stopped walking about half way out. I was the only one that brought a chair, but hey I enjoy my comfort!!

We also celebrated my brother Joe's birthday and we promised him he would catch a Red on his birthday, he caught one but it was a little to small to take home. Sorry Joe

This is an 18in Skip Jack that I caught. Not good eatin' but it makes great shark bait.

We caught alot of sting rays (unfortunatly) remeber this is the thing that killed the crocidile man. Sorry you have to be really careful. We caught one thats wing span was close to 2ft across we were a little busy not getting stuck to take a picture of that one. Anyway it was sure fun and the beauty of the ocean is that you never know what your going to catch. Overall between the 3 of us we caught over 2oo fish things, but only kept about 10 of them. If you havent had the chance to really fish in the ocean you should!!!!

No comments: