Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Quick Update

So we just got back from Bennett's 4 month well baby (yes, I know he is almost 6 moths, but we got a little behind in the beginning) and here is what we have to report.

Bennett is 26.8 inches long, weighs 18 lbs. 14 oz., which explains the fact that he is in 9-18month clothes already. Bennett likes to eat the Doctor's stethoscope, but does not like getting shots in both legs. He managed to recover quickly and was done crying before we left the room. I was very proud of him, since I still cry when I get shots myself. :)

I have also been thinking lately how funny it is that I am a grownup. I mean, I don't feel any different now than I did in high school, and even elementary school for that matter, but here I am, happy to be going to play dates, book clubs, and walking groups. It is just funny the way life changes, but I love it. All I can say is, "bring on the mom jeans!"

Anyway, nothing too exciting has happened lately, so my deep, philosophical thoughts are all you get for now.

2 comments:

Roeckers said...

WOW! Bennett is going to be quite the kid! What are you feeding that boy? Miracle grow?

As for the grown up thing, I don't think any of us grow up really! Our bodies get older and don't do the things we want them to sometimes, we have more life experiences behind us, but we all live in our prime. So wear those mom jeans proudly and act like a teenager!

Chantell Hammond said...

Haha, I love that Bennett is bigger than Jack. How did that happen? I thought Jack was a little chunker. But at almost 7 months Jack was 17 lbs 4 oz. I can't remember how long, but I have it written down somewhere.