Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks For My Birth

Saturday was the Hargrave family's official Thanksgiving (see blog below for details). We had it at Matt's older sister Rachelle's house this year, so me and Matt and Bennett went down a little early on Friday afternoon to spend some extra time with everybody. It was really good to get to see so many fun people and play with all our cute nieces and nephews... who, by the way, wasted me in every Wii game we played--the oldest is seven.

Saturday also just happened to be my birthday. I turned the big 2-3. It was fun to have a lot of people there to celebrate with! I made quite the haul this year, and got presents ranging from hand towels to a semi-automatic 22 rifle.

Rachelle started selling Scentsy this year, so Mary and Wayne decided to make them a standard present for birthdays. I cannot tell you how excited I was to finally get mine! Matt also got in on the action and bought me every spicy, cinnamon scent they had (my favorite!). I was obviously very excited.

The family shared in my joy.

I also got this way cool hot chocolate making kit thing, which was the envy of every child there. I am so lucky.

Here is my Scentsy. It is so cute, and my house smells devine!

I also got a ton of cards, calls, and texts from all my favorite people. Thank you to everybody! I feel so loved. :)

After my birthday it was time for turkey. This picture was kind of taken at the end of the dinner, but it was definately a full house with plenty of full tummies. I forgot to metion that I was in charge of making the rolls this year. A pretty important aspect of the meal, if you ask me. I think I did OK, although I still have some skill to develop.
Bennett's first Thanksgiving meal was throughly enjoyed. What a cute mess. Also, stay tuned for video (if he ever cooperates) of Bennett crawling. He started doing this Thursday and has become quite the speed demon. We are proud of him...and a little freaked out.

Uncle Jake pushing Bennett on the tire swing after dinner.

And what kind of a mom would I be if I didn't take naked bath pictures of my son to embarrass him with later?

This is him and his cousin Kendall, discreatly covered for nude photos.

And this is something I just had to put on here. Matt made Barrett some dogtags for his birthday last January and he thinks they are so cool. He wears them around with a wife-beater and thinks he looks just like Wolverine. I love little boys.

No comments: