Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl, Baby!

We believe in keeping the Sabbath day holy. Most Sundays consist of us going to church, coming home, listening to quiet music, and eating a nice dinner. Maybe we will take a nap, or, if we are feeling really feisty, play a board game with friends. I cherish these peaceful, sacred days with my family, and look forward to them as the "period" at the end of my week.

But one Sunday a year, the "period" becomes an explanation mark.

Super Bowl XLIV was no exception. We invited over several friends (ironically all from our ward...including the Bishop's family and the first counselor's family), and prepared enough ribs to feed several neighborhoods. We personally decided to go for the Colts, because Matt likes the quarterback and I could care less who I root for. We dressed in blue, served food on blue plates, and trash-talked anybody going for the Saints. We were even mildly upset when the Colts lost by a landslide. Obviously the referees were paid off by New Orleans.

Next Sunday we will return to our quite routine, but this Sunday was one to remember.

Everybody that came brought food. I have never seen so many varieties of chips and dips in one place before. If the game wasn't good, the company and food made up for it!

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

haley I have to be honest with you, I don't watch football and when the big day comes I pretend I care cause everyone else does. Anyways, I decided to cheer on the underdogs cause I always do and they always win! I am super jealous about all your good food. I made cheesecake cupcakes and we had icecream, I was really craving some good yummy dips. Oh and I love your update on bennet he is such a doll. I can't believe our babys are coming up on a year old. It makes me sad that they are growing up so fast. I miss you guys give matt and bennet a hug and a kiss from me(yes even matt j/k) love ya!