Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Latest Excuse

I realize I never updated this last week, and I have a very good reason for that.

I was dead last week.

For three days and four nights, I existed only in the shell of a body which was trying its darndest to do me in. And I have to say, it almost won. But I pulled through in the end, thanks to the care and affection (and constant drugs) from my sweet husband. It is unfortunate for you however, because I discovered I have some pretty deep thoughts when under the influence of NyQuil, which I am sure the World is missing out on.

The point is, that I am back. And while our son has been a shirtless mess for the past week, surviving on a diet of "man food" and learning how to shoot squirrels through the bathroom window with a BB gun, we are all alive and doing much better.

No really, I could not have done this without Matt. He was wonderful to both Bennett and me, and he took excellent care of the house, the cooking, the laundry, and the Lysoling (to the point of spraying me down while I slept) during my absence. Thank you, Mattie!

So, life goes on. And I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, I have some very exciting things to update on this blog!

The bad news is, I am not doing it right now. Because, as I said earlier, Matt did an excellent job of taking care of the house while I was sick, but since he has turned it back over to me it has become a disheveled pile of half-folded laundry, strewn toys, and I'm pretty sure there is something living in the pile of dishes sitting in our sink.

But sometime soon I will post about Bennett's sickness (oh yes, it was a fun week), my San Antonio visit to Bekah and Nathan's new, and may I add, adorable, apartment, and our latest form of summer entertainment.

Until then, my friends.

Duty calls.

3 comments:

The Hazard Family said...

Yea, you're back! You sounded so sick and so out of it every time I called that I was worried about you. Glad to know you are back among the living. Give Matt a hug from us and tell him thanks for taking such good care of you. I can't wait for your next update!

Heather Jones said...

I am glad you are feeling better but I must laugh a little cause you tend to update your blog to tell us you will update your blog. Haha! I love you hays!

Jarmandashmar said...

Hays, that's awesome that you're doing better. I love your description of your house because your words nailed how my house looks everyday! No matter what it looks like the night before, it ALWAYS ends up a disaster the next morning from the time I wake up:) I miss you so much, I'm excited for our girls night! (Whenever it is:) Lots of love!