Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ROUND 2! STILL HERE

All right everybody round 2! Still here so though I would give you a walk around. Lets start with a disclaimer. Per the next picture a lot of areas are off limits for taking pics. But I got a few. Here goes.



One of our many restricted area's. I mean we can go into these area's but no cameras and stuff



This is SGT Felix. One of my medics. This is pretty much what we doing cause we are on call for our flight. There are some pretty narly sand storms up north right now so the birds cant fly. So we wait!



We do have our own movie theatre though. They play all the new releases and show them from 0700 all the way until past midnight. Oh yeah and free popcorn! All you can it!



Kinda got in the way of this picture. Those are our temporary/permanent "houses".



Temporary/Permanent!!! Yeah figure that one out.



And of course the "BEAST" this is the heart of it all. I mean this creature has like a 100 hearts but this is one of the many generators that power everything out here. Its a massive CAT engine that produces masses amounts of energy. I wish someone was standing next to it. Try going to sleep with that thing humming in the background!



On the left is our tents on the right is the showers. Notice the waters tanks on the side. Every drop of water on this base is trucked in. When its gone its gone. And yes there have been a few times in the shower, standing there with soap in my eyes and the water just goes "poof" gone! Not fun.



This is me and MAJ Manson in our counter improvised explosive class. We spend a year training for deployment just to show up and get our years worth of training in 2 weeks. Thats the way to spend tax payer dollars. But don't stop the Baskin Robins. I really enjoy that and my white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for desert.



Counter IED training. the PT belts are my favorite ( the reflective belt for you non military types) We are supposed to wear them at night so people can see us! Can we say walking target. Just remember bob and weave, bob and weave.




Anyway just kinda bored here. We do have pool tables dart boards and I did learn the game of badgammon. Loads of fun. Just looking forward to actually moving on and doing my job. Hopefully the next blog will be from IRAQ. See ya'll then.

No comments: