Monday, October 18, 2010

Well sorry its been a while, we have serious connectivity issues way out here, but our local Iraqi internet guy finally got us hooked up. I tried to put in as many pictures as I can. Not much changes for us around here on a daily bases but it does give you alot of time to think. Lately, it being flu season of course we have been working on the units flu shots. First let me back up and explain what it is I actually do out here. I am the Medical Logistic Officer for the 2-7 CAV Battalion. I brief the Battalion Commander on all and any aspects concerned with anything medical. From ordering medical supplies from band aids, antibiotics, vaccines and heavy narcotics. I manage about 38 medics across 15 different AO's (area of operation) but am responsible for over 1100 Soldiers that are here in Iraq and also those back on Ft Hood. I also have to make sure the Surgeons and Doctors that are attached to us are set up properly are are training our medics properly. Now the question can be asked how can a non medical person take care of medical issues. Well I'm actually the administrator in charge. I have to speak both the Doctors language and for those of us not so smart have to speak "normal" language. Its actually really fun yet really stressful at the same time. Anyway thats enough of that.



We pretty much only roll at night. Its really no big secret that what we do because we own the coolest toys in the world. This is us at like 0300 rolling out to what is supposed to be our new home for the next little while.


Inside our aid station this is ole' SGT Rossi ripping an Iraqi sign of our wall. He actually wrapped his hands in ace wrap to keep from cutting his hands on the metal sign. It actually took him like 30 mins to rip this sign down. It was pretty funny.


Well this is home, my little spot of heaven. Not much I know but I really don't get to spend much time here. A usual day consist of 15 to 20 hrs.


Just another shot of my room. Pretty ghetto.



Inside our Aid Station. Yes, I did find myself a saw and I of course brought a drill with bits and everything so we started to build things and make or area a little better. The guy before us had like this spider web stuff hung all over with just random items hung all over the place. Yeah we didn't like that and got rid of it.



This is my medic guidon. I get to keep it and frame it when this deployment is over. Pretty cool, I think.


Of course my dear wife being as sweet as she is went to Wal-Mart and bought every card game they had and sent them to me. It took one game of Monopoly Deal to get everyone hooked. It is nightly occurrence once things slow down.


Built some chelves that we haven't hung up yet but they will be pretty useful once we get them hung.


This is my Surgeon and one of our guards out here on a guard tower. This is all kinda new to Doc with weapons and body armor and stuff. Its pretty cool.


Looking out the guard tower at part of our AO. Thats the Tigris in the back ground.


These are our cooks. And yes there female but they make some great food. We're just grateful that we get hot chow at least 2 meals a day. It always pays to be friends with the person that feeds you. Well that's it for now folks till nest time from beautiful sunny Iraq.

1 comment:

The Hargrave Clan said...

I never knew that's what you did. You are so cool, Love!