Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and the Really, Really Bad

This last Friday, Bennett and I had the opportunity to go on base and get our pictures professionally taken for free. This is something the military was doing for all the families of deployed soldiers, and it was awesome. The plan was to look super cute, go on base, take amazing photos, use some as our Christmas card, and send some to Matt so he can have pictures of us. Great plan, right? Bennett didn't seem to think so. EVERY picture we took, Bennett looked like this...

What is this? The Grapes of Wrath?

Seriously, there was not even a hint of a smile on this child's face the entire time we were there, despite the desperate attempts of the photographer and his squeaky bird toy. I, on the other hand, didn't seem to be able to control my smile on this day, and it ran away with me a few times.

The contrast between our two faces is quite shocking.

In the end, we decided to embrace Bennett's look as "GQ" and just go with it.

I got in a good one here and there myself.

I also got in a few really, really bad ones.

So did Bennett. We are such a photogenic crew.

In the end, it was a good day, even if it didn't go exactly according to plan. I think we got at least one good one...maybe...

2 comments:

The Hazard Family said...

I loved all of the pictures. They're all so good. I think you guys make a cute team!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Dad.

Matthew Hargrave said...

I got the best looking family in the whole world!