Wednesday, December 8, 2010

There's No Day Like a Snow Day

So Bennett officially takes after his (wonderful, beautiful, smart, funny, talented...) mother, because he loves the snow. I spent 25 minutes of my life painstakingly getting him into his snow attire, thinking the whole time, "There is no way this is going to be worth it." I was seriously sweating after tackling him into his hat, sweatshirt, coat, mittens, snow pants, socks, and boots. But Bennett surprised me by not only going in the snow, but staying in the snow for such a long period of time, that I was the one who finally called it quits. And then he threw a tantrum when I brought him inside, which I didn't really appreciate, but still found encouragement in the fact that he likes the snow that much. Who would have thought that a child born in Texas and never experiencing a day below 50*F would end up laying in a pile of freezing slush and enjoying it.

It must be genetic :)

My snow buddy.

Watching Bennett try to walk on slippery ice with his fluffy body was extremely entertaining. He never complained about the falls. In fact, I think he rather liked them.


No comments: