Sunday, February 20, 2011

Because that's the only reason I invite people to stay with us anymore...to get things done around the house...

As mentioned above, February 11th was the funeral of Grandma Pat in Bokchito, Oklahoma. Bennett and I had originally planned on spending this weekend with Bekah and Nathan--two of our favorite people--labeling and organizing photos at our home (a daunting project). But when we found out about Grandma Pat, plans sort of changed. Because we really wanted to see each other though, and because we were all going the same place anyway, Bekah and Nathan decided to drive up to Oklahoma with me and Bennett, thus hitting two birds with one stone (although my pictures are still in a sorry state of disarray).

It was a fabulous trip. Besides celebrating the life of a wonderful lady (see above post) we also got to eat at several fast food restaurants, stay in a hotel with delightfully comfortable bedding, and visit for hours as we drove to and from Oklahoma.

We got back to my house Saturday night, but Bekah and Nathan decided to stay and attend church with us the next day before heading home to San Antonio. Despite our travel-weariness, we managed to start and complete several spontaneous projects before midnight on Saturday, and then create a plethora of amazing Sharing Time creations Sunday morning. So even though my pictures will have to wait for another time to be properly organized, I feel like I still managed to put my guests to good use.

On the way home from Oklahoma we stopped to visit Uncle Kendal and Aunt Darla, who are not really an aunt and uncle to the Hargrave children at all, but only adopted as such. Bekah told me they were so close to them growing up though, that she was probably twelve years old before she figured out they weren't actually related to her. Family is all relative (no pun intended...OK, maybe a little). So here is Nathan, Bekah, and Uncle Kendal. (Aunt Darla was unfortunately out of town on this day, but I have met her before and she is hilarious.)

Here is one of our impromptu projects Saturday night after Bennett was in bed. I'm not even really sure how we started doing this, but the next thing I knew we were painting our entry way to match our living room. It looks so good, I can't believe we didn't do this earlier.

The entryway, all pretty and painted.

Looking in from the front door. I know we are probably going to be leaving this house in a few years and it makes me a little sad because I love the home we have created here. Always a new adventure I guess. I'll just enjoy it while I can...

This is the little shelf we put up in our living room, also an unplanned Saturday night project. The bare spot where this is now hanging used to bother me so much, but I never knew what to do with it. So I asked Bekah what she would do, because Bekah is amazing at decorating, and she pulled this little shelf out from under Bennett's bed (which I have also been dying to use, but never knew where) and said, "Why don't you use this?" OF COURSE! Sometimes it just takes a new set of eyes to see what is so dang obvious. Anyway, I love it. And I couldn't have hung it up without Nathan's man power. What a team.

Honestly, we really had a lot of fun having Bekah and Nathan visit us last weekend...and not just because they worked like crazy people while they were here. They are so fun to be around, and I really do just enjoy their company. And to make things fair, I did pay them for their efforts with really, really, really good London Broil. So there.

But next time they come my pictures better get organized.
(This was just a joke, for those of you who can't read sarcasm...)

1 comment:

The Hazard Family said...

Oh, how I miss having Bekah and Nathan around to talk to and help me with decorating quandries! It was fun to see pictures of Bekah and hear that she is still just as talented as ever. Your entry hall and shelf look great!