Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Latest Going on's in Operation New Dawn

Well since I try to leave all the expert writing to my dear sweet wife I'll just talk about whats going on in my life through pictures. So enjoy the ride.

We had a recent change of command and of course that entails we lay out all the equipment that we brought with us that we never use and inventory it and then repack to send it back home to then just turn it in at Ft Hood and receive another couple $100,000 worth of medical equipment that we will probably never use. Your taxpayer dollars hard at work.



More and more layouts. The only good thing about this is we actually packed the container to ship it home. Just around 100 days left!



Now I recently moved back to Marez with the rest of the staff and I, unfortunately spend about 90% of my time with this view in front of me. Now let me remind you I am a "Medical Officer", but apparently it is important for me to attend the maintenance meeting, the morning XO meeting, the Commanders update brief, and of course the random little meetings that certain officers in our organization seem are so important.




So here is something funny. This is my new room at Marez (for those who have been following, I have been living on JSS India for the past 9 months) But a week after I moved in I moved back to JSS India. 2-7 BABY! Garry Owen!




So just when you think no one appreciates you I get this random phone call from an old medic of mine asking me if I would do his re-enlistment for him. I tell ya it sure meant alot. I had to call in a few favors to get myself a blackhawk ride back to Marez in time for it but it was sure worth it! I dont have many candid pictures of myself. I saw this picture and thought to myself, "who is that old man?", "Oh yeah, its me!" Kinda weird.




SSG Schmidt re-enlisting as a medic in the United States Army by CPT Matthew W. Hargrave, 2-7 CAV Medical Officer.




SSG Schmidt deployed with his wife. Pretty cool!




This is why we do it. Not just me out here but my dear sweet wife back home. It is defiantly a team effort, and you couldn't ask for a better partner. Tell me that boy doesn't just melt your heart!!

3 comments:

The Hargrave Clan said...

Wow, I married myself a good-lookin' man! Way to go, Captain Hargrave! We love you!

Katie Koivisto said...

The Hargrave family is pretty much awesome! I want to be like Haley when I grow up! Good luck Matt and keep up the great work... you too Haley!!!! Hugs from Finland!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Captain Hargrave...what an honor to have that soldier ask for you! I'm not a bit surprised, of course, cause I'm your mama! Love your room too! Love you soldier so much....mamak