Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Yard

I will tell this story through pictures.

This was the yard in March, only days before we left for Rexburg.

Spring was in full bloom. It was beautiful.

This was the yard one month later, upon our return from Rexburg. Only this (not exaggerating) was a not-so-bad section. The rest was worse.

This is the leftover pile of weeds I hand pulled, one by one, gathered just from the side yard.
I gave those weeds the what-for.
Thank you very much.

These are the side bushes I put in after excavating an entire wheelbarrow of rock from the holes they were planted in. Dirt is a foreign substance here.
(Notice my neighbors yard? That's what ours used to look like.)

But it was all worth it.

Because this...

...this is my yard as of yesterday, after I spent literally hours prepping, planting, and keeping Bennett out of the Miracle Grow. (Just as a side note, Bennett now has the potential to be extremely tall...)


It brings a small tear to my eye that after almost an entire month, our yard has officially been weeded, fertilized, watered, mowed, weedeated, edged, swept, and planted.

Hours of labor. More money than I care to remember. A sunburn to high heaven.
And this is what I have to show for it.

or had.

Because this...

Is what our yard looks like right now.

Pretty sure I love this weather.
Thank you, rain.

I am going to bed.

No comments: