Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Miracles

Merry Christmas to all! Tuesday was the first day of December, and therefore, the official first day of the Christmas season. We are traditionalists here (OK, just me) so until this date, our home was decorated for Thanksgiving. I have to say though, as much as I love Fall I was excited to see my pumpkins and leaves be replaced with garlands and snow men.

Bennett was a huge help this year putting up decorations. I don't know if we would have ever gotten a thing accomplished without his meticulous sorting of Christmas tree ornament wrappers. He is such a good little boy. We are very lucky parents.

We also had the ward Christmas party this Saturday, which was a "Twelve Days of Christmas" theme. The idea was to have twelve different tables set up, each decorated as one of the days of Christmas. I volunteered to do the "Partridge in a Pear Tree" table and had so much fun doing it! Here is a sampling of what it looked like.

These pictures were taken at our home, but the table at the church looked pretty much the same (except with paper plates and cutlery.)

Matt thinks I should decorate our table like this for all fancy dinners. I think he is crazy.

At the ward party I got to sing "A Child's Prayer" with my Achievement Day girls. They worked really hard at learning this song, and I was proud of how well they did. We are doing an encore performance in Sacrament Meeting on December 27th, so it was a good dress rehearsal for us. We were all a little nervous. :)

And now the miracle of Christmas. You can't really tell in this picture unless you have really good eyes, but Friday I looked out the window and what did I see? Not popcorn popping, but SNOW FALLING!! I was in shock, to say the least. It didn't last very long, and I don't think one tiny flake made it to the ground, but it was miraculous nonetheless. Maybe there can be white Christmases in Texas after all!



Bennett actually did wake up right after I took that video, so we bundled up and got our first taste of the white stuff. I don't think he really knew what was going on.

We are ready for the real stuff, now! Rexburg, Idaho, here we come!

2 comments:

The Hazard Chronicles said...

You've gotten more snow in Texas than we have in Cleveland. What is this world comming to? By the way, those are pretty cute pictures of Bennett- We're excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

Vanessa said...

ok. we are DYING that we are going to miss you guys for Christmas! Urgh! We are flying out that morning. maybe we'll maraciously meet you in an airport! :) We'll just leave your gift at your parents so it doesn't miss you for the holidays! we'll have to coordinate better next year! (or maybe just come for a visit!)