Monday, April 23, 2012

It's a...

That's right! We are so excited to be welcoming another little boy into our family! And on top of that, I actually used my Bachelors Degree to create these super cute announcements. I knew those four years and thousands of dollars would pay off sometime. :)

 
Because we already have a little boy, there was really no need for a shower. However, Matt is probably the best guy I know, and he thought I should at least have some kind of a party just to celebrate our new addition. So I made the announcements (because I wanted to) and he did the rest. What a lucky girl I am.

Mary and Bekah both came up for the shower. Bekah actually came up the day before and stayed for a few days after. We had so much fun hanging out, catching up, and working on making this new baby's room incredibly awesome. (More on that later.) And while Matt threw the shower for me, we decided it would be a little awkward for him to hang out with all my girl friends. So Bekah and Mary were a HUGE help in running the actual show. Thank you to them!

It was a very simple party, meant mostly to just have an excuse to get together and eat yummy food. We didn't play any baby shower games or give out prizes, but we did have a great time just talking and laughing. Here are a few of my good friends who were able to make it.

And this is the delicious chocolate cake we served at the end of the meal. Chocolate is an essential food group lately...OK always...

Even though everybody I gave an invitation to was told not to bring any presents, I was (very happily) shocked to receive SO MANY gifts! I mean, between Bennett's old stuff, and all of the new stuff we just got, we are set! I have such wonderful friends and family!

 One very happy pregnant lady.

1 comment:

Cambria said...

So fun! Congrats on another boy!