Sunday, January 6, 2013

Love That Boy


Ever since Bennett has learned to talk, we have been graced with his wisdom and humor. Here's a few "Bennett-isms" we could remember from just the last couple of weeks. We've got to get better at writing these down!

"Whats wrong with you kid?  Stop crying, you're fine." (said to Patton)

"Don't worry Mom, Bennett's got this."

"When big girls are nice to me, they get special surprises." (Said to Haley after Bennett built her a tower with his blocks.)

"Hey Patton, did you miss me? Yeah, you did. Because you love me."

"I look awesome."

"All right Mom, here's the plan."

Haley: "Bennett I think we're lost." Bennett: "Yeah Mom we're lost in 44. We need 48."

"No Mom I'm not cute, I'm a boy. I'm handsome. But Patton can be cute, because he's a baby."

"I am waiting and waiting for the snow to come."

Haley: "Bennett, do you know who Santa Claus is?" Bennett: "Santa Haus brings all the good little children presents." Haley: "So are you getting presents?" Bennett: "Yeah, I'm a good boy...but just a little bit bad."

Matt: "Bennett, what are you going to do when you grow up?" Bennett: "Go on a mission, go to college, get married in the temple, take care of Mom and Dad, and be a school bus."

Haley and Bennett are driving and a really ugly song comes on.  Haley: "What is this we are listening to?" Bennett: "Mom, it's called rap."

Benntt has decided to name his body parts and treat them as friends who need to eat, sleep, and get dressed.
Boomie = left hand
Nini = right hand
Boat = left foot
Bacon = right foot
(Should we be worried about this?)

Bennett has started shortening people's names: Cam, for Camden. Pat, for Patton. Ben, for Bennett.
He also has a friend named Aspen...
Haley: "If you open that car door when we are driving you will fall out and get squished." Bennett: "Yeah. And then you will have to throw me over the back fence like that dead bird we found. Because that's what happens to you when you die. You get germs."
"See you Thursday!" (What Bennett says to everybody as they leave, no matter what day of the week it is.)
"This is the best cookie I never had!"
Haley: "Bennett, you did the right thing. I'm very proud of you." Bennett: "Yep. Because I'm goooooood!"
"I'm on it, Mom!"
Haley: "Do you want to fly an airplane when you grow up?" Bennett: "Yeah! But Daddy says I have to go on a mission first."

One day Bennett put a popcorn tin over his head, and ran full speed into the wall. It was awesome.

"I'm OK!" (said cheerfully after anything remotely painful occurs. Such as the popcorn incident mentioned above.)

Haley, giving Sharing Time in Primary: "Jesus died for us because he loves us." Bennett, very earnestly, "No Mom!! Just take Jesus to the doctor! He will get all better!"

There are so, so, SO many more I could put on here. This kid just cracks us up every day. He has an awesome attitude about life, amazing self-confidence, and a naturally good heart.

Love that boy!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

That was a much-needed laugh this morning. Thanks Bennett!

Alison and Troy said...

Hahahaha! I always thought Aspen was a risky thing to name a kid.

Nathan and Rebekah Mains said...

I needed a laugh too. Oh how I love that Bennett. I love that you posted these. :)

The Hazard Family said...

What a funny boy! I'm glad you're writing these things down because you'll never remember them and they're definitely worth remembering! I love that Bennett boy too!

The Hazard Family said...

Hahahahahaha . . . my stomach hurts!