Sunday, May 23, 2010

The First of Many

You may have noticed that I have not exactly been the queen of blog updating lately. There are several good reasons for this. One reason is that I lost my camera cord a few days ago (Logan and Griffin, please check your bags!) The other reason is, you may recall, that I was sicker than a sailor for a few days and just never got around to blogging after my recovery. So, without further ado, here is what I should have posted for the last several weeks, broken up into different blog postings for your reading convenience. You may even need to click on the "Older Posts" button at the bottom of the page to get to them all.

Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first started feeling sick Bennett and I were in San Antonio. I was there to attend the temple with the Relief Society sisters, and Bennett was there to play with his Aunt Bekah while I was away.

You have heard me talk about these fun people before, but just as a refresher course, Bekah is Matt's cute little sister and Nathan is her wonderful husband.

Even though Bekah was going to BYU-Idaho at the same time I was dating/engaged to Matt, I never really got to know her well until she met and married Nathan and they moved into the apartment a few doors down from us.

They are so cool! I loved getting to hang out with them. Also, because I am from Rexburg, Bekah and Nathan began joining Matt and I whenever we went to my family's for Sunday dinners. My mom and Bekah were in the same Elementary Education field together, and whenever they got together they began speaking a different language full of phonemics and the latest testing standards, none of which have real names only acronyms that are several letters long. It was all very mysterious to the rest of us, but needless to say, they became close friends.

When Matt graduated in 2008, the Army sent us, ironically, to San Antonio, Texas where Matt's family is. So Bekah and I essentially switched places. I was with her family being excellently taken care of in San Antonio, and she was in Rexburg with mine, eating Sunday dinners. It was great!

But no matter how fun college is, nobody wants to be there forever. So this last April Bekah and Nathan walked the stage together and said their good-byes to good ol' BYU-I. And where did they go from there?

Why, to San Antonio, of course! Because they missed us so much!

No, really Nathan is a very talented Communications Marketer, and a company picked him up that just happened to be in San Antonio. But the point is, they are here! And we get to see them whenever we visit, and we couldn't be happier about it!

So anyway, When Bennett and I were down there this last time I got to have a little tour of Bekah and Nathan's new, perfectly adorable apartment. And because my mom loves Bekah probably as much as she loves me, I promised her I would take detailed notes of their new home and post them for her to see. So here you go. Bekah and Nathan's apartment.
This is from the front door. The door to the right goes to the garage, and the stairs lead to the main living area.

Bekah in her spacious new living room. This apartment is so nice! It has crown moulding and beige walls and Bekah, of course, has somehow managed to make it feel like home without even owing furniture yet. She has a gift. It makes me insanely jealous.

The kitchen (and Bennett's head) looking from the little dining area. The living room we just saw is on the left, and you can kind of see the stair well leading down to the front door. Did I mention they had only lived here like, a week when we came to visit? Look at all the cutsie decorations she already put up! It took me two months to do that at my house.

From the dining area there are stairs leading down, and off to the right of those is this little area. It doesn't look like much now (like I said, they had only lived here a week) but this will be the study and maybe an open nursery if they end up being here long enough.

Across the hall from the study area is the world's tallest bathroom. I'm not even kidding, this room has like, 15 foot high ceilings. It is one of those Jack and Jill type bathrooms, with a door leading from the hall (which I just mentioned) and then one leading to the bedroom down that little space to the right of Bekah.

And this is the Master bedroom (just a corner of it. It was hard to get it all in the frame.) I am standing where the bathroom door is, and to the right of Bekah is the main entrance, coming in from the hallway with the study area seen previously. Is all of this making any sense? The closet is the door you can see behind her.

And what a closet it is! Very big and, of course, organized.

Bekah cracks me up. This is actually inside their closet (to the right of the door pictured above). Bekah made a little jewelry station where she keeps all her girly things. It is an excellent idea really, because when she gets ready she can match accessories to clothing without having to go back and forth. What a thinker!

Anyway, that is Bekah and Nathan's new apartment. I was only there to drop Bennett off and pick him up, but in that short time I cried with happiness at least three times. (Remember, I was sick. I am way overly emotional when I am sick.) But I really am so happy to have these guys close to us again though! We sure love them!

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

quite the update! An entire page of posts! I looked at every single one, well maybe unless I needed to push the older posts button. Anyways, looks like you are having fun with the family! I heard from amanda, who chewed me out for not telling her I was pregnant, that you are coming to Idaho!! Yes! We have to do lunch again! And I am not pregnant, I figured if I said I had something very exciting to tel you, you would call me right back or text me right back. But, I am very pregnantless and hope to stay that way for a few more years, at least until I get me some of that insurance stuff :) but you did call me back 3 days later and now 4 days later I need to call you back. Alright, I am rambling. Love ya Hays!