Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HOSTILE TAKEOVER!!!

OPERATION NEW DAWN 2010-2011

All right everybody check it out. I'm gonna do my best to do a weekly/monthly account of my time over here in the sandbox. Haley and I have alot of people that love and care about us and we want you all to be part of this with us. Now for obvious reason I will not be able to disclose certain locations and exact time frames but hey it works. So there will be a lot of pictures, and this will also kinda serve as a little journal for our family in that Haley gets our blogs printed for us. So a little genealogy for us. With that I do need to put in a little disclosure or whatever warning its called. My plan is to be very blunt with things. My feelings on the matter on what I see and I will try to be true to those that are here with me in that some might find items or words they disagree with or might even find harsh and inappropriate. I cannot apologize for the truth on what emotions maybe felt and portrayed here. But I hope whoever follows or blog and goes on this little adventure with my family and I will receive these things in the spirit they are given in.

Let me first say I have wanted to be a Soldier ever since I was a little boy. Not only cause I get to play with some really cool "toys" but deeper than that. I love my country! I love fighting for my country! I love fighting for you! Those that know me understand the depth of those statements. My loved ones my family and friends. It is a terrible thing being so far away from those you love. But the sacrifice is worth it. Every night I pray and give thanks to our Father in Heaven for the safety of the day. For the safety of my Soldiers and for the safety of my family. I have had many experiences in my life well the Lord has shielded me from harm. I know he will continue to do so. All right enough of that lets get to the pics.




Of course my best friend in the whole wide world, my inspiration for breathing, my angel, Haley!



As Haley stated earlier Nate (my Bro-in law) came down the day I left. Nate sure is a great guy! Meant alot that he could come.



Of course Mom and Dad came down always good to have them. The joke is that Wayne is gonna miss me the most!!



Of course prior to leaving there is alot of waiting. This is me showing up my little sexed up M-4. It pays to be friends with the armorer. Hey just because I'm a medic doesn't mean I cant fight like an infantry guy.


MY FAMILY!!! This is why I do it. Don't really need to say much more than that!



Thats right baby got me a good one before heading out!



Now Haley didnt know it but I left some very specific instructions to Bennett cause he was gonna be the man of house while I'm away. According to his mom he is doing a smashing job!




All right so this is our layover in Germany. I just thought this was funny. If you look in the shadows to the left of the sign you will see all the smokers.



This is me in Germany. I believe we had been up for about 28 hrs by this point. Still rockin' baby!



Now this is pretty cool at all the layover points Soldiers, since the beginning of the war have left patches and name-tapes in different airports. Somebody pointed this one out to me. Some guy named "Hargrave" must have put this patch here back in like 2005-2006. I don't know who. Must have been one heck of a guy. :)



Okay so first view of Kuwait outside the airport. Yes that is all trash. And there is miles and miles of it. Trash and sand! Thats it! Nothing else! DO NOT PLAN YOUR NEXT VACATION HERE!



Oh yes the tallest structures in the whole country. Power lines that run to the oil processing plants. And yes those are houses behind them.



Entrance to Camp Beuhring. We have to start here to acclimatize and process before heading into theater. Haley asked me how it was. I said ( and I'm serious about this) get a blow dryer turn it on directly in front of your face and enjoy.



Outer perimeter. Security guards. All out resourced. Makes you sleep real comfortable at night! Yeah right! I don't like it at all. I would rather have some good ole American boys on that fence guarding my back!



For obvious reasons cant really show you pics of our HQ. But that is our BN XO and the S-3 both very high-speed Rangers. The BN XO on the left was actually with the 101st Airborne in Afghanistan when they took massive casualties a few years back. He really likes medics.



So here is our temporary/permanent shelters where we sleep while in Kuwait. Not much as you can see but at least the A/C works.



Thats Me!

All right that's it for now stayed tuned for next time. Adios!!


2 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

I really like this! Mark is in Mississippi for about 2 months then Kuwiat then Iraq. Thanks Matt! And Haley, you're awesome!!

The Hazard Family said...

Matt! How fun to hear from you and see where you are. It makes you feel not quite so far away somehow. Keep the posts coming, and we love you!