Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Time Flies...

July 18th: My mom arrives.
July 23rd: We have a baby.
July 25th: We are released from the hospital and I spend the next two weeks-ish healing from the C-section (I am really bad at holding still and letting people do things for me...hence the extended heal time.)
August 8th: My entire family arrives for our fun-filled Hazard Family Reunion 2012.
August 9th - 12th: We have a ton of fun going swimming, playing at the park, taking updated family pictures, bouncing on blow-up toys, making s'mores, having a family dance, playing Guitar Hero, and talking.
August 12th: Even more family and friends arrive as we bless Patton and my brother's little girl, Darcy. Almost everybody leaves after the blessing. It is sad to say goodbye.
August 13th: We spend the day with Logan, Rachel, and Maren and drive them to the airport that afternoon. That night Matt and I have our first (and only) night alone as a family of four. We watch a movie. It is quiet... 
August 14th: Mary comes to help us recover the house from all of our fun. (THANK YOU!!)
August 16th: I drop Matt off to go to JRTC in Louisiana for the next two weeks. Mary leaves two hours later. I am alone for the first time with two little boys. I am terrified.
August 17th - 20th: I attempt to hold onto sanity while Bennett attempts to readjust to normal life. It is rough water and we almost don't make it.
August 21st: Bennett aquires a double ear infection and the stomach flu. We are up all night. He throws up on the "back to school" isle at Wal-Mart--lots of witnesses. Strangely though, this sickness seems to snap him back to reality and he decides to be less of a Juvenal delinquent. Mom is THRILLED!!!!
August 22nd: Life finally takes on a regular routine and I feel like I have a handle on things. We are happy.
August 23rd: Patton turns one month old. What the...? When did that happen?!

It has been a c.r.a.z.y month, but lots of fun. There are about a million and one pictures I could post from this time, and maybe one day I will...probably the day I find our camera cord...but for now here are a few I stole from Allison's camera.

 
 Family picture in our tie-dyed T-shirts. 
Wait, where's Bennett?...

 ...at the top, of course.

Family picture in our tie-dyed T-shirts, for real this time.

 Mary and Wayne (Maimie and Pop, respectively) with Patton on his blessing day.

 Nancy and Greg (Grandma and Grandpa, respectively) with Patton on his blessing day.

 The parents and grandparents. This little boy is very loved.

 
Our new family. 
And yes, Bennett is naked.
(I would like to take this opportunity to say that Bennett actually had on a very handsome little outfit before we took this picture. I just don't know what happened to it...) 

  
The Aunts. 
Allison took most of these amazing blessing day pictures with her mad photo skills, and Courtney made the adorable little blanket Patton was blessed in. What great sisters :)

Here are some more pictures of the cutie on his blessing day. 

 Patton's blessing blanket.
(P.S- Patton is NOT named after the war general. Just to be clear. We actually got the name from a headstone in a cemetery...which we realize is weird in it's own right.)

 
Blue eyes

 He is seriously so chill. Which is good. I need chill from at least one of my kids.

I just love this boy!!!

I will try to be better at keeping up this blog now. It was just a little overwhelming there for awhile.
So long for now!

1 comment:

The Hazard Family said...

I wish I were back there to help, but I know you've got a handle on things again. So glad! Give those cute boys big hugs and kisses from Grandma!