Monday, October 15, 2012

That Handsome, Fisher-Guy

So you may be asking yourself, "Hey? Isn't Haley married?"
And the answer would be, why yes. Yes I am.
"So whatever happened to that great guy?" you may be thinking.
Well here. I will show you...

 Matt with his Career Course group in San Antonio. He is the second one in from the left. Every once in awhile they go out to local touristy places (The Alamo, the River Walk, the capital building in Austin, etc.) since most of these people are from all over the World and may not ever be in Texas again. Matt has seen these landmarks all his life, but takes great joy being free from schoolwork for a day while they see them. On that note, I feel it is important to mention here that Matt is super good at what he does, and he just had an interview with the General who told him his resume was "perfect" and that he was going to personally make sure Matt got where he wanted to go in his career. I married a smart guy :)

Matt on his motorcycle, about to head back up to San Antonio after visiting us at home one weekend. On that note, I feel it is important to mention here that this is the last picture we have of this motorcycle in the pristine condition that it was in, as Matt was in a (minor) accident this Friday, and we now have a very scratched, dented, and broken motorcycle instead. However, Matt is totally fine excepting a few bruises, and that's the important thing. Our insurance will cover the damages, and we are now in the process of car shopping. Oh life.    

 
Bennett "chasing" Daddy as he drives away. On that note, I feel it is important to mention here that Bennett chases anybody who comes to our home down the street until he can't see them anymore. Like a Labrador. This is why we don't need pets.

While the boys and I were in Oklahoma visiting Griffin and Ashland, Matt took a day off school to go on his traditional fishing trip to the coast with his friends. I wasn't there so I can't say too much about it, but I know that he had a great time and caught a lot of fish.

They actually go every year to the same little island that we just vacationed at a few weeks ago. Here is a shot of the pier that they spent their days on.

 Matt and a friend catching a fish. I don't really know any of the people Matt went with on this trip with, except one man I met while we were living in San Antonio three years ago--he is in his fifties. Matt has an old soul.

Matt and his buddy, showing off their fish. These are called "red drum fish" (maybe) and they are really big. (You know, Matt is going to be very disappointed when he reads this blog. I'm sure he has a lot more to say than what I am writing. Sorry, Mattie!)

Bennett and Matt's "frisch" (why Bennett says fish in this way is a mystery to me). This guy, head to tail, was bigger than Bennett. Pretty cool. Bennett thought so, too. As you can see, he is holding Frisch's hand in this picture. They were great friends.

Bennett touching the fish's eye, because it was slimy and he liked that. He also gave this thing a kiss before I could stop him, and I got it on video and it was awesome. I just can't upload the video for some reason, so you'll have to imagine him planting a big wet one on it's head, and then me gagging in the background. Good stuff.

Time to filet our friend. This was our "between Conference sessions entertainment". Despite Bennett's worried look in this picture, he actually loved helping Matt do this and was very involved in the whole process. Between all the hunting and fishing Matt does, Bennett is definitely aware that food does not grow in the grocery store.

In the end we got about ten pounds of fresh fish out of this, and since I now know that I really like fish when it is fresh, I am excited to eat it...once Matt comes home and cooks it for us. I am still learning that part.

And this is just Patton. Because he is a part of our family too, and we love him. 

So Career Course is halfway over now, and in another month and a half you will no longer need to assume that I am a single mother of two. And I will no longer need to feel that I am a single mother of two. And we will all be very happy. Because Career Course is a great, essential part of our career, but I really like having a husband, too.

Way to go, Mattie. 
You are amazing.

1 comment:

The Hazard Family said...

Matt IS amazing and it was fun to hear about him and what he's been up to. I miss you guys!