Sunday, February 23, 2014

We do use our camera sometimes

Just a bunch of random pictures from a lot of different times, put in no order whatsoever, and captioned briefly. Because that's how we're rolling tonight.

 
Bennett and Zoey playing an intense game of Candy Land over New Year's. 

Bennett wanted to have a picture of his block tower we made together.

All of the "men" at Barrett's priesthood ordination a few weeks ago.

Mr. Patton on his way to Nursery. 
(What you are not seeing in this picture is me in the background, having a celebration.)

Matt's Lexus. May it have many adventures with its new owner.

Bennett in our hotel room we stayed in overnight  when we went to pick up our fifth wheel. The kid woke up at like, 5:30 in the morning, so we gave him the ipad, strapped on some headphones, and went back to sleep. He was so happy...and tired...

The notorious fifth wheel!
 
 Here's a few pictures of the inside, but these were taken awhile ago and we've done a lot since then. We're just sort of trying to make it feel like a home, instead of a trailer. The "front door" is to the right. The double doors leading to the back are going to the master bedroom (which isn't full of boxes anymore, like it was in this picture), and the living area is to the left.

This is the main living area. I'm standing in the hallway near the bathroom taking this picture. The boys' room is behind me.

 The bathroom we all get to share. There's a teeny tiny bathtub/shower around the corner.

Bennett's bed. He is so. Dang. Excited to sleep in here. Every time we are working on anything in the trailer, is is just laying on this bed so happy.

Patton's bed. We turned the bunk bed above his into a makeshift closet so the boys will have more room to keep their toys and stuff in the real closet.
 
 Matt and I went to the Oklahoma City Temple with the youth yesterday to do baptisms for the dead. It was my first time being an adult instead of a youth at this type of thing. It was different to be on the other end of things, but still such a sweet experience. Matt is an excellent Young Men's president and the kids adore him.

Bennett wearing...? He's just being Bennett.

 This is how the boys frequently travel. They make me so stinkin' happy.

After Christmas, Bennett had a lot of questions about Santa Claus, and just how exactly he did what he did. So one day Matt took him up on the roof to inspect our chimney. And of course, Patton wouldn't be left on the ground when there was so much excitement going on up above. Bennett is now satisfied with the science behind the magic.
  
Patton is my little helper, and I love it. He is already great at wiping down my table and chairs, and throwing away garbage. His favorite things to do are vacuum and sweep (both of which actually slow me down quite a bit)  but his skills will improve as he gets taller. Besides, I'll never be the one to discourage cleaning, no matter how anti-productive it may be.

One day Bennett was in the tub, and Patton felt left out...

 This is a throw-back to when we were all sick and Patton was so joyus about the whole ordeal. This is literally how he looked for four days straight if I wasn't holding him. It was a loooooooong four days.

 One morning I came out of my room to find this note from Bennett on a "bed" he made for our family to sleep on in the living room (pictured below). He doesn't know how to do Patton's name yet, but I am proud of him for writing things on his own.

The family bed Bennett made us. Looks comfortable :)

 These are little statues in our park that are dedicated to the branches of the military. Bennett thought it was cool that he was the same size as them, and I snuck a picture of him trying to imitate their salutes. The cutest part was that Patton stood right next to him and did a little salute, too, but I didn't get my camera out fast enough. It will be weird to live in a community in a few weeks that doesn't revolve around the military.

Here's our trailer again.This is looking down the hall towards the bathroom and the boy's room.

 Matt got me this nifty little spice holder since we don't have a ton of storage space in our new "home"

Oh! A tummy picture! (Matt uploads these and I just caption them). I feel weird having this on here. Well...here it is. I think this was at 19 weeks when I took this. And ignore my messy bathroom and finger-printed mirror. I have kids...

And one last picture of the kitchen in the trailer. I told you these were out of order. But that's about all of it now. So there you go. A quick, incoherent tour of our new home. We'll post more when it's actually put together.

So yay! Some pictures for you to look at instead of my long-winded blog entries. Because believe it or not, we do have cameras. And sometimes we use them.

Until next week! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. I love your long winded non-picture blogs too. I just love to hear from you and see your cute boys!

The Hazard Family said...

Thanks for posting!