Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Clothes and 80's Fashion

For those of you who have seen Bennett lately, it should come as no surprise that he has officially outgrown all of his newborn and 0-3 month cloths. So even though he is only one week past the three month mark, he is now wearing 6 month clothes, and outgrowing those fast. I really don't know what I am feeding this kid. It was a little sad to have to pack away all the teeny little onesies and say goodbye to the tiny baby Bennett for good. It is a good thing that he is growing so well though, I know, I know...

This is the itsy-bitsy outfit we brought Bennett home from the hospital in. It is amazing that this was baggy on him only a few months ago. I saved this, along with a little size one diaper and the beanie the hospital gave him to wear over his incredibly misshapen head after he was born. My, how time flies...
My little Bennett-Boy looking all grown up and playing with his bestest buddy, Mr. Lion. (We are not too creative in the naming of stuffed animals around here.)

Matt and I also had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with the Youth this week. Thursday we had a speghetti dinner with a silent auction for the scouts, and Saturday we chaparoed a room full of awkward at an 80's-themed dance for the 14-17 year olds. I also need to mention that I have been called to the Primary as the 5-6 year-old teacher, and also as the Achievement Day leader. Between Matt and I, we are spending a lot of time with kids. It is a ton of fun! :)

This is a way cool candle-holder thingy I got at the silent auction during the speghetti dinner. We also got a bunch of baby-sitters for Bennett (date night, here we come!), lawn mowing services, a free haircut for me, and yet another baseball hat for Matt.

Here we are all dressed up for the dance. Matt had a sweet costume too, and I was going to get even a little more crazy with the hair and make-up, but apparently there are some restrictions for church dances and we had to set a good example for the kids. Sometimes being a grown-up is boring.

I cannot even describe how hilarious it was to see those kids dancing around. Watching them made me realize that you are never as cool as you think you are when you're 14. :) I have also decided that they should change the title of "chaparone" to "cheerleader/coach". I think there may be a future in matchmaking for Matt.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

we miss you guys! i'm surprised he's still even close to 0-3 months. most of my kids were always twice the age size in clothes than they were actually in age. he's SOOOO cute!!! and i bet ya'll were amazing with those kids!

Toby and Tammy said...

MATTHEW!!!!!!! I am so excited to have found your blog! Somehow, I found Jake and Vanessa and then saw your link. Your family is sooooo dang cute!

Hope all is well. Toby and I think about you quite often when we remember our good ole college days.

Love ya!!

Tammy
come say hi.
www.tobyandtammythornton.blogspot.com