Monday, July 25, 2011

Still Here

Well its getting closer to that magical Re~Deployment date!! Cant really give you any specifics but can't wait to be done with this place. Had breakfast this morning with a COL Mohammad ( I know real original ) but it is pretty nice to eat in the officers mess on the Iraqi base. Just a little reminder for those that haven't been following our family blog, my Battalion is currently located in Northern Iraq in partnership with the 2nd Iraqi Army. These guys are basically the equivalent to our special forces. (dont get too excited these guys still have a long way to go, but they're trying). For the past year we have been living on a little base located near them so as one of the perks we get to occasionally head over that way and visit. So during breakfast we were chit chatting about this and that and how the Iraqi's had recently rolled up this one terrorist cell that has really helped in calming things down. I wish I could give all the juicy details but cant right now but once I get home I got all sorts of stories. Anyway, enjoy the few pictures.

We try to relax in the evening time by hanging out, playing a few card games, and just trying to imagine we are somewhere else besides here!


This is SFC Klibert, he works in the S-2 shop (military intelligence) so he is already a little bit paranoid. I was beating him pretty bad at cards so he came to the conclusion I was reading his mind through his eye's! Sooooo...he decided to try to remedy the situation...it didn't help though...I took the rest of his chips on the next move!


So this is actually our bus and we actually parked next to the "No Parking" sign. I mean come on people this is a war zone...who is going to obey some random sign, in Iraq, when there are absolutely no consequences. I mean it looks like it was put together in someones garage...It makes me laugh!

...and of course everybody really enjoying a little BBQ!


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

so jake is putting up some crazy OT during the month of august...we're thinking of having some of it go for some comp time in october!!! you guys in for some moab?!?! we haven't heard from brison yet...but keep it in your minds!!!!!

The Hazard Family said...

I love the "no parking" sign. It's kind of like the "no running" sign at swimming pools. The card games and sun glasses remind me of looking at card reflections in the window at our kitchen table card games. We are having a great time at your home with Haley and Bennett. It would be 100 times better if you were here.

Take care,
Greg