Monday, June 15, 2009

Babysit and Babysat

So what happened this week? Let me see...

We are getting new neighbors! It is fun to watch this house go up, because it is a little like reliving the building of our own house. It is pretty much the exact same floor plan, and what's even crazier is that the people building look just like we did when we were building ours! The wife is big pregnant, and the husband always wears a baseball hat...and is probably in the Army, since Copperas Cove is 89% military. :) You can see our house in the background here...not exactly CLOSE neighbors, but at least we aren't the only people on this street anymore!


Also, Bennett has learned to enjoy riding in his pack! I am especially excited about this development, since it is just in time to fly to Utah! I was wondering how I was going to transport him and all our luggage at the same time...


On Thursday night, Matt went golfing. Yes, Matt is required to become a golfer now. That is what happens when you are a professional, and as much as he hates to admit it, a Medical Officer falls into that category. :) The good news is, that he really actually enjoys it, and he is going back again next week.

When he came home he brought a Chicago Pizza with him...from Chicago! One of our friends has a helicopter and he flew to Chicago and picked up a couple of pizzas. He gave some to me and Matt, and it was SOOO good! It was a little like eating a pie made out of Italian ingredients, which, I know, sounds gross, but I don't know how else to describe it! It was super thick and really, really good. Yummy!!

When Matt was golfing, I was watching my Visiting Teaching Partner's little boy, Kaden. We had quite the time, playing with Legos and watching Cars. He wanted nothing to do with Bennett however, so I can't say anybody made friends. It was still fun to have an excuse to pull all our toys out.

And then Bennett had his chance to be babysat on Saturday by his Aunt Bekah and Uncle Nathan while Matt and I went to the San Antonio Temple! It was so fun to get out and just be together. Thank you Bekah and Nathan, for all you do!

The real reason we were in San Antonio is because Wayne, Matt's dad, got hip surgery. We had a good time visiting with him and Mary, and he is doing AMAZING in his recovery. It was a great weekend! There are no pictures as of yet, but I will post them when I get them. There are some really good ones of all of us swimming in the pool.

Here's just one of Bennett getting all strapped up to go out to play. I know, this looks really uncomfortable, but I guess he didn't mind it too much because he was smiling and cooing the whole time he was flipped over like this. Wierd little boy that he is, we sure love his guts!

And finally, I just have to post this fun video I caught. Every Sunday morning Matt takes Bennett so I can have my "Girl Time." This is pretty typical of what goes on while I am shaving my legs and such. I'm not sure who is cuter here. I'm pretty lucky. :)

2 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

Hey! So are you guys coming out here?

Vanessa said...

fun fun! matt...we always knew you would be a great daddy! miss you guys!