Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yes...Bennett does have parents...and they have lives...

So, I am aware that there has been quite a lot of Bennett posted on this blog lately. And as cute as he is, I am going to just mention a little bit about what Matt and I have been up to in our own lives!

August 10th was our second anniversary, and what an exciting day it was! We woke up at 5:00 in the morning, and I immediately drove Matt to...the hospital! It just so happened that this was the day his PRK eye surgery (like Lasik, but better) was scheduled. I spent the next five days taking care of him by converting our home into a dark cavern and bringing him meals in bed. It was so worth it though! He is back at work now and, drum roll please.........NO CONTACTS! He still has to wear dark glasses if he's out in the sunlight for the next six months or so, but he calls me everyday telling me some new thing he noticed that he had never seen before. He is so excited, and I am so excited for him!

Oh, and for those of you who are feeling sorry for our anniversary, don't, because I gave him his present early, and Matt made me a delicous dinner and brought me flowers and candy and the whole shibang the night before. He is wonderful and I am excited to spend many, many more anniversarys with this fabulous guy!

I have also been kept quite busy this last week doing some freelance graphic design jobs for a woman in our ward. She sells jewlery (like a Mary Kay person, but with jewlery) and wanted me to make her a magazine of her products. It started out looking like a pretty good deal, but I am no business woman and I think I now understand the term FREElance a little better. In the future, I will be a little more firm with my pricing and hours. Oh well, you live and learn, right? And besides, I love doing this kind of stuff, so it wasn't that bad.

Anyway, that is what we have been up to. And now, because you have made it through all the boring stuff, a word from Bennett. He has a lot to say lately...



He will do this for hours. Literally. Hours.



OK, let's face it. Bennett rules this blog.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

king bennett. what a cutie! glad the recovery was ok! and i bet those kids LOVED him at scout camp! we miss you guys!

Alison and Troy said...

It just barely occured to me that I've never seen Bennett because you keep us updated on the blog. I'm so glad you do! And I'm happy you and Matt have lives, too.