Friday, October 8, 2010

When You're The Only One In The Family Who Knows How To Take A Picture Without Licking The Camera Lens, You Don't Get To Be In Very Many Pictures...

This is seriously the hardest part about this blog lately. I feel like all I talk about is Bennett, because that is my life right now. What Bennett does, I do. And what I do, Bennett does. And then I take a picture of it. There is a heck of a lot of that little boy's face up on this thing. Maybe I will figure out the delay button and start carrying a tripod around with me so I can have some lens time, too. That wouldn't be dorky at all.

So basically this posting is about Bennett. Again. Lucky for you, he is cute and entertaining so you shouldn't mind too much. Plus, Matt asked specifically to see, and I quote, "Cute pictures and videos of our little boy." So here you go, Mattie. The cutest of the cute.

Before Matt left for Iraq, Mary and Wayne came up for one last visit. Pretty much all of the following pictures are from their camera during that visit.

This is a picture of two of the handsomest boys I know. The really cool part is that Bennett is wearing a shirt that Matt used to wear when he was Bennett's age. Mary found it in their barn and gave it to us. I LOVE it!

Here's a better shot of the shirt. It says M HARGRAVE on the back and has a Dallas Cowboys number 33 on the front. Pretty cute.

Besides wanting to be a Dallas Cowboy when he grows up, Bennett also dreams of becoming a real life cowboy. He's got some big shoes to fill.

And this is Bennett doing...well, this is just stuff that Bennett does all the time. Don't ask me where his pants went. I stop trying after awhile.

I think I blogged earlier about how we all went down to San Antonio so Matt and I could go to the temple together one last time before he left. These are from Mary and Wayne's camera of that weekend.

While I was upstairs getting all pretty for the temple, Matt waited for me outside on the step with Bennett. Mary said she took this picture of them through the window while they weren't looking.

Best buddies.

This really isn't a great picture, but I love it for some unknown reason. The look of intensity on Bennett's face is great. There must have been something really cool out there. Like a rock.

These pictures are from my camera. This is from this last week, which I never got around to blogging about.

Mondays are Story Time days at the library. And since I babysit Jace during that time, we all go together. Lately, I have also had my friend Joelle and her little girl come along too. Here is what my backseat looks like.

They are trying to contain their joy at being hauled around like luggage.

Story Time is great. Bennett loves it all...except the stories. He thinks those are boring and would much rather run around the room and attempt to drink out of other well-behaved children's sippy cups. We are working on this. He is improving. Everything else though--the singing, the dancing, the being loud and silly--Bennett excels at. He is a natural at being loud and silly.

At the end of each Story time the kids all get to pick a musical instrument and they march around the room to music that sings goodbye to each instrument. This is easily Bennett's favorite part of Story Time. I tried to get it on camera.



It actually took an immense amount of concentration to hold Bennett's hand, push Jace along with one leg, march around in a circle and record all at the same time. I was pretty proud of myself for doing it. (ps-did you notice that Bennett is wearing a hoodie and Jace is in a jacket? That's because the weather here is gorgeous and I am loving it! Goodbye summer heat, I will not miss you.)

Along with Story Time on Mondays, we also have Family Home Evening with a bunch of our friends who have little kids and who's husbands have also deployed. Mondays are busy days. This Monday I was in charge of making the dessert, so I made brownies. Bennett is a smart boy, and he figured out early in life that he enjoys the taste of brownies. Mom is a smart girl, and she recently figured out she could strip Bennett down, give him the bowl and the spoon, and send him outside for an hour while she gets things done around the house.



This is what I call good, clean fun.

Bennett gets a bath every morning. Some mornings he loves these, and some mornings we have wrestling matches. This was a good morning (because Jace was here, and Jace makes everything easier...most of the time) and I couldn't resist catching a little of the fun on film. I tried to keep it as discrete as possible.



OK, that's enough of Bennett. He is a fantastic kidlet. The other day we were walking with a neighbor who doesn't really know us and she just stopped all of a sudden and said, "My goodness he has such a great personality! It's bigger than he is!" That is such a true statement about this guy. We are the luckiest ones to get him!

Hopefully I will have more to say concerning life in general and not just another "All About Bennett" for the next blog, but what can I say? I love the kid.


No comments: