Wednesday, June 1, 2011

PROMOTION

Well to keep it short and sweet 01 JUNE 2011 was my promotion date to a Captain in the United States Army. I was pinned on a fairly small outpost in northern Iraq near the city of Mosul. Usually you have a little ceremony, all your Soldiers in attendance and a little party afterwards. Of course my Soldiers are spread out over 3500 square miles on 11 different locations so the scout platoon showed up for support. Anyway I was able to wake Haley up (it was about 0100 in the morning for her). She was able to be on skype for the whole thing...that was really important to me because she has been to every major and minor event that I have had since we have known each other. Couldn't do it without her support. Anyway put a few pictures on enjoy...


LTC Boston giving a little spill before the actually ceremony...

Lots of sand, dirt and wind...just love this country...

...and of course can't do anything "important" without my dear sweet wife present. 3000miles away and still connected. It was actually pretty cool

1 JUNE 2011

CPT Matthew W. Hargrave


Thanks to everybody for believing in me...wouldn't be here without the love and support of great friends and family

4 comments:

Katie Koivisto said...

I don't know a thing about the military, so I asked Jyri, ''Is Captain a good thing or what?''... his replay, ''Yea Katie, it's kind of a big deal.''

Whoops?! Who knew?! Congrats on the awesome promotion Matt!!!!

The Hazard Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS MATT!! We are so proud of you. You've worked hard to achieve this promotion and we know you deserve it. It's so exciting to have a CAPTAIN in the family! Way to go!!
Nancy

Nathan and Rebekah Mains said...

Matt,
THIS IS AWESOME!! We are so proud of you. Way to go.

Love you.
Love, Bea & Nathan

The Hazard Family said...

Congratulations Matt. You da man! Does this mean you get to golf more? Even if it doesn't, I am very proud of you.
Greg