Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ready

- Last night we made a sign that says, "Welcome Home Daddy!"

- Yesterday we went grocery shopping for all of Matt's requested foods. Apparently there is a severe lack of vegetables and ice cream in Iraq.

- Saturday I did our yards for the LAST TIME alone!! And, might I add, they are looking goooooood.

- Tomorrow I am shipping Bennett and Jace off to a neighbor's for a few hours so I can get down and dirty with my house. I will also be deep cleaning my car.

- Wednesday night I ordered a new dress off the Internet to wear on the homecoming field. Pray it gets here in time...

- Tuesday, mine and Bennett's hair were both recreated by my fabulous neighbor friend who works at a very posh salon and I am just lucky enough to know her personally. I will also be getting a manicure and pedicure tomorrow. I feel so grown up.

- A professional photographer has been arranged to meet us at the field when we are reunited as a family. As a military perk, this is costing us nothing.

- A weekend getaway trip and babysitter has been acquired for some much needed alone time.

- My page-long list of projects to be done before Mattie gets home has been completed for several weeks (except the organizing of our printed photos, which I highly doubt will ever be done).

We are ready.
Now all we need is Matt...and a healthy dose of patience...

6 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

Yay! I am so excited for you Haley!

The Hazard Family said...

We are so excited for you to be reunited as a family! It will all seem real as you're sitting there waiting for him to pull up. Be sure to post the pictures! Yay for all of you!

Brittany said...

Wow! I am really excited!

The Hazard Family said...

How could your house get any cleaner or your yard get any nicer?? Matt will be so happy to be home. I'm glad we went to the field where you will be reunited. I can picture the whole thing in my mind and it is really fun. We are excited!! Love, Dad.

Matthew Hargrave said...

Sitting in Al Asad...everybody pray the planes doesn't get delayed again!!!

Kylie said...

!!! Hooray!