Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Little From Me!

Hey everybody! Matt has been doing an EXCELLENT job of keeping up this blog (because we all know how diligent I was! Sorry!) and I thought I might get my 2 cents in from Idaho!

I got here about a week ago and jumped right into school again. Pretty much it is the same-old, same-old, except now when I introduce myself and say an interesting fact about myself (don't we all just love that first week?) I get to say that I am finishing school while my husband is in Oklahoma. I thought it sounded pretty self-explanatory, until a very concerned classmate asked me why we had separated and if it was permanent or if we were just "taking a break." I decided that maybe I should be a little more specific after that. Sorry Matt. :)

I am taking 17 credits and about three art classes, so this semester should be...interesting. I am trying to stay positive. On the off chance that I am not madly trying to climb a mountain of homework though I m having a pretty good time! This weekend I went with Griffin and a bunch of my friends and a bunch of his friends (and a bunch of people that I don't think either of us have ever met) on the Alpine river. It was a fun day and it felt good to get one last "adventure" in before everything freezes again.

I am also pleased to announce that I have not thrown up for the past week! Yay! I think that we are getting closer to the end of this first trimester thing and I can't say that I am going to miss it! But we are really so excited to be welcoming this new little life into ours and I will keep you all updated on what's going on!

2 comments:

Alison and Troy said...

Haley, I'm so happy you guys are updating your bog now! I woke up this morning almost sick when I realized what the river trip was that I turned down. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry. I love you guys! I can't wait to hear more from you!

Madi said...

Haley....I was at on the river trip too! Maybe I'm just included in as one of your "friends". I hope so! :)