Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Week in Paradise!


Well this would be great but its more like................




This............


Oh sorry, was day dreaming there for a sec. When your like a couple few thousand miles away from your wife and your first baby you tend to get a little depressed. (Oh, did I mention I live in a 15x15 foot solid white room?) No I'm not in prison I'm at a mandatory officer training school waiting for it to start. Ha Ha Ha. Good news Haley and I have picked out a new lot in the same neighborhood, and building will commence in like a few weeks. Needless to say we are very excited. Haley is coming along smashingly in her school work. Even though she wants to quit almost every day, she is quite the trooper for hanging in there. Greg and Nancy have been fantastic in helping us out at this time in our life.
I have been officially reasinged at Ft. Hood to the 1st Cav/1st Brigade HHC (or for you non military that is the Headquarters Battalion). We will permanently move to Ft. Hood beginning February of next year. My legs are all healed up and I commence training the last week in October.
On another note I had an interesting conversation with my cousin in law, Jake Roecker about Mohammad and religion. The interesting fact was fallibility in religion. For those that have read the Koran (which is a very interesting piece of literature, and contain some great words). It contradicts itself just to may times. You have to have other books to help decipher what the meaning of phrases are. In some ways the Bible does that to itself at times also. That is the beauty of the Book Of Mormon. An infallible book, the infallible word of God to help guide us and help us in our day. It is such a great feeling in an era that is so fraught with uncertainty that there is a guiding light with which to set our course by. Anyway just a thought. Something I wanted to just throw out there. From our family to yours hope yall have a good one.

Matthew & Haley

3 comments:

Roeckers said...

What Matt didn't mention is how he loves being with the kids here at the house. Tonight he baby-sat so we could go to a mandatory army function. The function was boring, but it was great to have Matt around.

Today he brought over his remote control car--but I'll write about that on my blog here in a minute--It was cool

Haley: You've married someone that's got himself ready to be a good dad!!!

WARNING: He's good at the 'dad stage' where the kids are like 3 years old. He may not prove so useful with an infant--we haven't been able to test him on that yet. I'll let you know if we get the chance.

Chantell Hammond said...

So... things are going good? No, I don't know how you two do what you are doing! You're amazing! But what I want to know is how come I'm just finding out now that you have a blog? I had to find out by snooping on other people's blogs, and it wasn't until like my 4th string of looking into someone else's blog that I found a link to yours. Just glad I can stay in touch. When are you guys finding out what you are having? Or are you not finding out?

Jarmandashmar said...

haha, matt are you ok? Totally sorry that we didn't get to see you while you were up here in Idaho, Ashlyn is getting so big and I'm excited to know what you and Hays are having:) Don't worry about Hays, we're gonna take good care of her. Me and Heather already have a girls night at the Haunted Mill planned. Maybe this year it will be me kicking Hays in the face rather than visa versa:) haha, jk, we will be very careful, her and heather are both prego so I guess that makes me the odd one out:)