Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movin' and Groovin'

This week was a very churchy one. Both Matt and I were busy, busy beavers with our callings and activities, but we figured it was a good use of our time. I did my Primary and Achievement Day thing, and Matt had a bunch of Scout stuff he did. All in all it was a pretty good week.

Wednesday night Matt's scouts had their first Court of Honor. It was so good to see so many of the boys who had never cared about scouts before (or church, for that matter) stand up and receive several hard-earned merit badges.

Excuse me for just a moment, but I am going to play the proud wife for the next few sentences. If you choose to skip down to the next paragraph, I will totally understand. Matt has literally turned the whole Scouting and Young Men's programs around. There are now more boys than ever coming, and not just to scouts, but to church too. I have had more than one grateful parent tell me how appreciative they are for Matt and his dedication and love for their kids. I have to say, I am very proud of him.

OK, enough gloating. The scouts also had their last "camp out" of the year this weekend...in our backyard. It was really more of a end-of-the-year party, with pizza and movies and lots and lots of mud tracked in on my clean carpet.

They spent most of the day Saturday in our garage, where Matt taught them all about power tools and not sticking your hand in them when they are on. To prove their knowledge they each made a box with a note to their moms on the bottom. I can safely say that I know what half the mothers in our ward are getting for Christmas.

This is the oddest mixture of personalities I have ever seen, but somehow it works. Matt has more patience than I do. :)

I also got my craftiness on at the Relief Society Super Saturday. These are the cute little blocks I made. I like them because they are fall and I like fall.

And this, of course, is Bennett. I just love this little face.



These are his latest moves. He has also started babbling stuff like "babababa" and "mamamama"...although we don't think he knows that I am mama, but maybe one day soon. :) (P.S- Sorry about the gross spit-up at the end here. If you know Bennett at all though, you know that it is nearly impossible for him to remain clean for more than five minutes at a time. Aaaahhhh!)