Monday, November 8, 2010

STILL HERE, AND LOVING IT!!

All right so I don't really feel like typing so I'm just gonna drop alot of pics from the past few weeks so enjoy.


Lets start with the important things. This is my newly acquired fridge with my pantry beneath. You got to enjoy the little things.


These are some of our interpreters. On the left is George and the other Moe. They are some pretty funny guys.


Here we have one of the most brilliant Emergency Medical Surgeons in all of Iraq restocking chapstick. Yes we are super busy!


This is Maj Gittins. He is the BN S-3 which means he tracks, coordinate's and approves any and all movement in the battle space. Probably the busiest person here! We just throw Dr. Peppers at him and he stays happy.


This is SGM Balcer and Cpt Morgan. Cpt Morgan is an 2-7 Infantry Company Commander. He is a pretty bad dude. I is the proud recipient of 3 Purple Hearts and 2 Bronze Stars. I'm serious I hang out with real honest to truth Hero's.


This is pretty much what I look at everyday when I get up and go to work, shower, eat, everything! (you get the picture) That is our BN conference room right next to the Aid Station which is right next to the TOC which is directly below the BN CDR's office and not to let any space go to waste all the white boxes and stuff on top of the offices are of course more medical supplies that, you guessed it belong to me. So much fun.


This is our daily fill up of fuel from a local Iraqi contractor. We use the Iraqis alot when it comes to basic maintaining of the FOB.


Just me in my Aid Station. I don't get outside much. I have officially become an "office person". Never knew it was possible.


Me with Iraqi stuff on my uniform. We wear the Iraqi Army rank equivalent when we visit with them and train them. (yes I have lost ALOT of weight since being here)


This is our new boss coming in to visit our great FOB. Call sign Iron-horse 6. (2 Star General)


Myself, the Doc and the STT LTC Buery. STT teams directly train and facilitate the training of the upper echelons of the Iraqi Army and Government.


This is my new room. So exciting!! It used to be called the "stinky room" but thanks to the all powerful scentsy its now mine minus the stink.


We started the stop smoking program. Here some of the guys are demonstrating our wares.


SFC Farmer and I inventorying one of our many boxes of meds. We literally have enough tylenol on this FOB to kill everybody 3 times over. Just to give you and idea this one box here is worth about $8000-$1000!


This is my "kit". When we go on trips, patrols, a visit down the street you take your stuff with you. Even though I'm the MEDO that doesn't mean I'm passive. Nobody messing with my medics!!


This is my manly Vana White pose of the Army's Combat Shirt. It is way light, fire retardant and fits much more comfortable when wearing all your armor.


This is my CDR. Cpt Toomey and my XO Cpt James. This guys are real rock-stars. Cpt Toomey has been in numerous engagements and Cpt James just got picked up for Special Forces when we redeploy.


This is a HETT (Heavy Equipment Tractor Trailer) All up armored heavy duty!


One of the Scouts HMMV the front left axle broke and the back left tire blew off.


Driving around in our NTV (non tactical vehicle) F-150 I believe this picture was taken in.


Everything moved by the military is up armored even 18 wheelers.


This is one of Saddam's old pill boxes right in the middle of the super FOB.


The front of the BN on Marez. The legendary 7th Cavalry rides again!!

3 comments:

The Hargrave Clan said...

I sure love you. :)

The Hazard Family said...

Matt,
You are my honest to goodness hero. And a rock star of great proportion!! Thanks for the pics and the update. Always good to see what's up. A couple more months like the last couple and you're gonna be as skinny as me. Take care.
Greg

Vanessa said...

we sure miss you! sounds like you are the kinda guy the army needs, someone willing to put themselves out there, realize the potential of their situation and make that reality. you are amazing. keep it all coming!