Sunday, November 28, 2010

Teaching others teach's you alot about yourself!

So I have been meeting with alot of Iraqi personnel and teaching them how to order supplies, specifically medical supplies. How to properly store and to properly dispose of expired meds, fluids, needles, etc... It has been very interesting to say the least. The biggest hurdle I run into is I deal mainly with LTC's and up. So me, being a little 1LT kind of creates a little difficulty. We survive though. Sometimes those NCO days come in handy when I, very respectfully inform my counterparts what they can and should be doing. The Iraqi's answer to everything is "God Willing" I always respond with, "Okay so God willing, what are you going to do in the mean time?" Good times. It has actually been getting pretty cold around here. Still no rain, which has the Iraqi's very worried. They live or die according to their yearly rainy season. So far no rain. Good for us, bad for them.



This is the 2nd Iraqi Army, Infantry Division, 3rd Brigade G-4 (basically the supply guy for the brigade) He is also overseer for medical supply orders. He was a very interesting individual, again he used to be old Iraqi Army and was a Brigadier General then. In the new army he is a LTC. He was very interesting to talk to.

Here we are at a pit stop waiting for the Battalion Commander to do his thing and then we can roll out. Somebody asked me what the bars are on top of the MRAP's. They are actually PVC pipes that help roll any low hanging wires over the MRAP so we don't disrupt nor destroy any power lines.


I just thought this was a good pic, plus you can see how the pvc pipes wrap over the MRAP.



PV2 Jarvis and I on the back of an MRAP. Bald is the new sexy. (Jarvis was basically assigned to be my body guard while I walked all over the Iraqi compound talking to Iraqi Officers, we only trust the Iraqis as far as we can through them. If your curious that distance is 6ft! Straight down) Like I said on my first blog in country, this is still a war. Those pouches on my body armor don't hold twinkies.


So the Battalion Commander finished up and we rolled out. It was very interesting though. There are defiantly cultural and religious lines, very clearly drawn out here. It could be very volatile if the US Army was to depart. I'll just leave it at that for now. Y'all can draw your own conclusions. Till next time.

No comments: