Sunday, December 19, 2010

CHRISTMAS

All right so its Christmas time. In fact we are only like 6 days away. Its amazing there is snow on the ground, carolers come by daily and bring Christmas cheer....wait, forgot, was dreaming again. Nope, just pinched myself and I'm still in Iraq, there is absolutely no snow and no carolers and pretty much no Christmas cheer. Now don't get me wrong we get lots and lots of packages full of presents and candy and everything that is wonderful from home. But we still go to work every day and like the good SGM said its like ground hog day here. One day just rolls into another and every day gone is one more closer to home. Its not that I don't enjoy my job or the Army in that matter but there is the whole "no family" thing that is a hinder. But hey my little family is doing great and having a blast and my daily dose of "my daddy" and " i wuv you" I get from my little man helps take the edge off.


So my dear sweet wife sent me all these presents and a Christmas tree and my stocking and a way cool guitar poster. I promised her I would take a picture for everyone's viewing pleasure. We have been in country for a little over 3 months now and have pretty much got our routine down as best as possible. I do all my morning assignments and my afternoon assignments and pretty much the middle of the day is wide open. So I spend the time teaching myself how to play my guitar, studying for my graduate school exams, doing laundry, reading my scriptures, listening to the last conference, working out, and of course my "combat naps". Its pretty good

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog and I love ALL of you...I'm so grateful you are a part of my life....maimie