Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Super Incredible Adventures of Haley and Bennett--Chapter Two--My Birthday

As mentioned in the Thanksgiving post below, Bennett and I spent a couple of days jumping around from house to house before we flew out to Rexburg and my family. So after spending a wonderful Thanksgiving with Rachelle and the Swaims, we piled back in the car and followed Bekah and Nathan home to their apartment for the next few days. And what a lucky girl I was to be with them during this time, because one of the days we were there was my birthday.

I have been thinking about this, and realized that Matt has only been with me for 50% of the birthdays I've celebrated since we've been married--every other year. It's OK because I know he loves me so much and would gladly be with me if he could. And no matter where he is, he always gives great presents :)

Anyway, so Matt is gone and I was a little down about spending yet another birthday without him, but Bekah and Nathan were such fabulous party-planners I had nothing to complain about. They made me brownie-cake (I am not a lover of cake-cake), took Bennett for me so I could sleep in, made me a delicious birthday dinner, wouldn't let me clean up anything, and even bought me flowers. They are so awesome and I am so lucky.

So now I am 24, and I feel great. Actually, I feel exactly the same because I spent the majority of the last year thinking I was already 24. I just found out in October that I was only 23 when a friend pointed it out to me. Oh well, 24 is a good age. I don't mind doing it twice.

These are the beautiful flowers Bekah and Nathan bought me. They are happy flowers. Matt always buys me flowers on my birthday, so it was fun to get these. Bekah told me later she spent a lot of time on the phone with Matt coordinating birthday plans for me. What sweethearts.

My flowers and birthday brownie-cake.



Happy birthday to me! Just as a side note, Bennett sincerely loves this video and asks to watch the "bow" (blow) movie all the time. He gets very into it and blows large wads of spit and drool all over my computer screen. What a charmer.

No comments: