Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back Again

Well back in Iraq. Leave was awesome. When Haley asked me what I wanted to do I told her, "I want to go to church, and stay at home with family. As Haley so eloquently put it "2 weeks and 2 days in heaven". You know the old saying is true, "you don't know what you have until you don't have it any more". It was great being with my wonderful family even for a short while. It just makes me happy to know I'll get to see them again soon. Just want to say thanks for everybody that has helped take care of Haley and Bennett while in my absence. I know a lot of people have been worried about Haley since I left and how she is dealing with everything but let me tell you she is doing amazing. She takes care and maintains the house, pays all the bills, organizes play group with friends, family home evening groups, and not to mention doing a fabulous job raising our little boy. We have received a lot of compliments on how well behaved our little man is and its all Haley! I just earn the money and she does it all. She is quite amazing. I remember reading a story about Pres. Hinckley and Sis. Hinckley and how he always let her soar and was her greatest supporter. I have always tried to do the same for Haley, and believe me she does soar. They are the true hero's in all this.

6 comments:

The Hargrave Clan said...

"You are the wind beneath my wings" :) I sure love you, Mattie.

Alyssa said...

I have always loved that quote by Sister Hinckley

Unknown said...

Matt! Glad you enjoyed your stay. Time sure does fly, and though those 16 days are gone, so will the next few months be before we know it. I can't believe you've already been there and back home and back again already!

Unknown said...

Haley! I guess I am leaving a comment for each of you now since I just went to email you and am fairly sure that one or both of the emails I have for you might be outdated (the ...woo... one and the bun... one). Anyhow, because I know how busy you like to be, I was just looking up prices for you know what online (remember?)! But since certain people might not be allowed to know about it yet (surprise?), you should email me. It's just my name at gmail. Hope you're enjoying home!

Unknown said...

Hi Bennett! Didn't want you to feel left out :)

This can count for anyone else as well (in case that nursery really is being filled soon)

The Hazard Family said...

You are pretty great yourself, Matt. Good to hear from you again, even if it does mean you are back in Iraq. We love you!