Sunday, May 29, 2011

Still Here

Well its been another glorious week here in beautiful sunny Iraq. We have had a few changes of command here and let me just say it is for the better. As we get closer to closing down shop here we, in true "Garry Owen" fashion have absolutely no idea when we will actually be closing down these wonderful check points on the northern border of Iraq. Which in turn means I have no idea when I can close down my 2 aid stations, and my 8 other locations that I have medics stationed at. Oh what a wonderful time to be in the Army. Anyway enjoy the pics.


So I walk out of my office after enjoying a mind stimulating x-box game of killing zombies and I see this sitting in my aid station. Apparently he had run into the back of a MRAP! I mean they are kinda hard to miss but apparently he didn't see it.



Of course we couldn't pass up a photo opportunity! Head injuries bleed alot.



3x staples to the scalp. Pretty stinkin cool if you ask me. We dont give any lidacaine or anything, we just pop them in...they dont really hurt...or that's what Doc says anyway. Just goes to show you never know whats gonna walk through the door.



So we just had or HHC change of command and of course the BDE COL flew in for it and of course we have to give out awards at this time. Now here is why this picture is important. All the people lined up were in the last 3x IED blasts that occurred last month. Now, that means they were all patients from the moment of the blast until the DOC releases them to full duty.

My job as the MEDO is to track them 24/7 until released. I dont like it when people get hurt. In other words its a good thing to have me bored out here. Some of these guys got their bell rung pretty bad so they were out for a bit, but all well now.



The Myth~The Man~The Legend
(I mean really, I make this look good!)

(Most people just call me the MEDO, I really think some of the guys I work with dont know my real name. I mean it is velcro'd to my shirt but hey, what'cha gonna do?!!!)


Ladies and Gentlemen this is the final picture of

1LT Matthew Hargrave

The next post will be that of

CPT Matthew Hargrave

Still here, live from Iraq!

2 comments:

The Hazard Family said...

So proud of you! You already look like a captain to me. I like reading your blogs. Keep it up! Your the best,
Greg

The Hazard Family said...

Yea Matt! Captain Hargrave does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it? We are so proud of you!